Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I am a chocolate whore...sorry Mom and Dad.

It's true...if I could shoot it into my veins, well, I wouldn't do that. Then I would be shooting up with chocolate and eating it. Not too mention eck. For Valentines Day, Sterling bought me the biggest box of Hershey's Pot of Gold he could find. Actually, I found it and told him I wanted it, but you get the picture. Valentine's Day was Sunday...the chocolates are gone (Tuesday). All of them. I don't even like dark chocolate, but no chocolate vs dark chocolate...clearly DC wins. Besides, if you chase the dark chocolate with milk you end up with milk chocolate...am I right or am I right?

Last week, Sterling had his annual health exam with the State Police. His cholesterol is high. Both of his parents have trouble with theirs, so I'm sure some of it is hereditary. I know delicious steak doesn't help, but he is a state trooper...we don't eat steak too often. I googled what type of diet we should go on to reduce his cholesterol...cut out red meat and eat more fish and eat a high fiber diet. High fiber diet=pooping. I stopped taking the poop pills a while back, but this should give similar results. I'm not a fish eating person, but I do like mahi mahi (I know its dolphin...whatever). Sterling said he only eats fish that he catches...well, if I'm going to eat fish, I'm going to have to buy it. I'm funny like that. I don't like eggs straight out of the chickens butt...I prefer to buy them at food lion. Any ideas on how I can cook fish so it doesn't taste, well, like fish. And what are some good non-fishy fish? I plan on keeping my husband around til the whole "Til death do us part" and I don't plan on that happening anytime soon.

32 days until the 8k. I ran 2 miles today and did 10 on the stationary bike. I hope it is warmer in 32 days, I hate running when I'm cold.

3 comments:

  1. right there with ya on the chocolate thing. I do like dark chocolate too though. As far as fish..I love fish. Tonight we are having salmon cakes. Salmon steaks are good too. Those are too fishy..not to me at least. Go to my blog, and click on the fish label and you can see those recipes. Maybe that will help you. Also..get Sterling to eat Cheerios..aren't they suppose to be good for cholesterol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerio's are good for helping lower cholesterol :) It's the fiber that is supposed to push it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyce, you are right about the Cheerios! You can also switch your butter to the heart healthy kind. Josh and I did that! Also, multivitamins! I love fish, but as you know I didn't always like it. Tilapia is not very fishy and you can cook it with sweet crunchy stuff on the outside like crusted almonds and it is soooo good! P.S. dark chocolate is good for you :) And another thing....I do remember once upon a time that fatback was a big part of his growing up...ahem...might be part of the "hereditary" problem!

    ReplyDelete