Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Years Resolution

So many people make New Years resolutions, but why wait til New Years? I’m making goals now, so that by the time New Years comes around, it will no longer be something I put effort into…it could be a habit.

  1. Run or walk a mile each day. Everyone who knows me, knows I am a hot weather girl. I hate running in the cold, but I’m going to try to change that. In the very least, I can walk a mile.




2. Run a 10 minute mile. I have a steady 12 minute mile. When I started running, I was only able to run ¼ of a mile (that may be exaggerating) before I had to walk. Slowly, the distance increased. I figured if I can start the same way, eventually I’ll be running an 8 minute mile. J
3. Take pictures. I hate this one. I’m my worst critic. I’ll notice any bulge or flaw, but it’s so hard to see a change in my body because it doesn’t happen drastically. Taking pictures will allow me to see the change (and the places I need to focus harder on).


4. Eat better. I saw a blog where this girl took yogurt and froze it in cupcake pans. She then took the frozen yogurt blocks and fruit and put them into sandwich bags. Every morning she grabs a bag and uses her Magic Bullet and fixes a smoothie. She did a variety of bags once a month, so she wouldn’t get tired of the same flavors. You can also add frozen juices. I also need to be consistent at bringing my own lunch. I’ve been bringing it on and off for the last month…I’ve already lost weight as a result. When I wasn’t working, I never ate fast food. When I did eat it, I thought it was greasy and gross. I need to get that state of mind back.


5. Spend less. I want a new car. My car has about 120,000 miles on it, so she’s about due for retirement. I’m holding out for as long as possible (mostly because there isn’t a car that I absolutely love and can afford). I like the 2010 Acura MDX, but not the 2012…it’s too round. OR we can maybe talk McSteeny into the 4 door jeep wrangler. Terrible on gas and no extra room. But I LOVE it. I also want to spend less on clothes…which conflicts with goal #6..

6. Be simple, but trendy. I am a huge fan of solid colored long sleeve t-shirts and dressing them up with accessories and scarves. Here are some outfits I love.

Love the color combo and the shoes.



I already have the coat...the rest should be easy to get, right?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment